The Donut Shop
130 Gertrude St, Fitzroy
Last wednesday I was at my internship and I was talking to my boss about how much I love doughnuts. I search doughnut hashtags on a regular basis hehe
My boss was kind enough to stop off at this new doughnut shop on our way back from a meeting. I had seen it on Instagram and was keen to give it a try.
There was a nice selection of flavours including a vegan option. I love coffee anything so I decided to try the Hazelnut, coffee crunch which was delicious. Great texture and flavour. I will definitely be returning to try the blueberry and lime flavour.
If you are a doughnut fanatic, then definitely give The Donut Shop a try!
1/2 tin lentils
1 carrot (chopped into disks)
1 tomato (cubed)
1/2 small onion
1 clove of garlic (grated)
1 cube of frozen spinach or handful of fresh spinach
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup of cous cous
1/4 cup of boiling water
1/3 lime (juice)
handful of cashews
** Optional: peas, corn, pumpkin, sweet potato or any other veggies you desire
1. Heat fry pan with oil and add garlic, onion and spices, stir fry for 4 mins
2. Add vegetables, lentils and pepper, stir fry for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked
3. In separate bowl combine cous cous and boiling water together, cover for about 5 mins until cous cous is cooked.
4. Once cous cous is cooked, add avocado, lime juice and cashews, mix together.
5. Serve lentil curry on top of cous cous and enjoy!!
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 self raising flour
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp honey (substitutes: maple syrup, rice malt syrup or agave nectar)
Optional: handful of sultanas or choc chips
– Mix together all ingredients and place in 180 degree oven for around 15 minutes.
– Let cool for 5 minutes
– Serve by spreading strawberry jam in-between two cookies
1 cup black beans
5 cups water
1/2 diced onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Italian herbs
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 carrot (grated)
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
– Place beans and waster in pot, bring to the boil and then simmer for 55- 60 minutes, until beans are soft.
– In pan fry onion and garlic until soft
– Once beans are cooked, drain and rinse.
– In food processor blitz beans, carrot, spices, herbs, onion mixture and egg
– Then roll mixture into burgers, makes about 5-6
– You can freeze them or cook straight away in a pan with a little bit of oil for 3-4 minutes each side.
– Serve in burger bun with tomato, cheese, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, avocado, hummus and relish. Also create with sweet potato fries!!!
1 litre chicken stock
1 tbs oil
500g chicken breast, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1.5 cups arborio rice
1 kg butternut pumpkin, cut into small cubes
150g baby spinach or 2 frozen spinach cubes
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
***Can add in any extra vegetables like peas, mushrooms or capsicum
– Heat oil in pan and then add onion, cook until soft.
– Add in garlic, rice, pumpkin and frozen spinach, cook for 1 minute.
– Pour in stock, bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes, stir every few minutes
– Meanwhile, in saucepan cook chicken with a dash of oil
– Once risotto has cooked, stir through chicken and parmesan (if using fresh spinach, stir that in now), season with salt and pepper.
1/2 tsp grated ginger **as much or as little as you desire
1 tbsp lime juice
Blend together with ice and ENJOY!!
Banana and Peanut Butter
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp honey, to drizzle on top
*** The peanut butter I really enjoy is the Pic’s Crunchy Peanut butter made with 100% peanuts.
You can purchase from coles or woolworths
This combo really does keep you fuller for longer and testifies your morning sweet tooth.