1 litre chicken stock
1 tbs oil
500g chicken breast, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1.5 cups arborio rice
1 kg butternut pumpkin, cut into small cubes
150g baby spinach or 2 frozen spinach cubes
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
***Can add in any extra vegetables like peas, mushrooms or capsicum
– Heat oil in pan and then add onion, cook until soft.
– Add in garlic, rice, pumpkin and frozen spinach, cook for 1 minute.
– Pour in stock, bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes, stir every few minutes
– Meanwhile, in saucepan cook chicken with a dash of oil
– Once risotto has cooked, stir through chicken and parmesan (if using fresh spinach, stir that in now), season with salt and pepper.
1/2 tsp grated ginger **as much or as little as you desire
1 tbsp lime juice
Blend together with ice and ENJOY!!
Banana and Peanut Butter
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp honey, to drizzle on top
*** The peanut butter I really enjoy is the Pic’s Crunchy Peanut butter made with 100% peanuts.
You can purchase from coles or woolworths
This combo really does keep you fuller for longer and testifies your morning sweet tooth.
5-6 Medjool Dates
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp of carob or cocoa powder
2 tbsp shredded coconut
1/2 cup of pecans, walnuts or almonds
1 tbsp chocolate chips pinch of salt
** can customise ingredients too taste
- Blend all ingredients in food processor and roll into balls (optional: roll in shredded coconut)
- Put in freezer and remove to fridge 30 minutes before eating, or you can leave in fridge for 4-5 days
2 cups oats
1/3 cup seeds
1/3 cup Nuts (Almonds, Pecans or walnuts)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 sunflower oil or coconut oil
1/4 dried fruit (sultanas, goji berries, apricot)
- Preheat Oven to 150 degrees celsius
- Mix together oats, seeds and nuts in bowl
- In saucepan heat oil and honey together until combines
- Mix liquid with dry ingredients
- Spread onto baking tray and bake in over for 20- 30 minutes until golden brown, watch carefully and turn oats regularly to evenly bake.
- Cool and then mix in dried fruit
******Great served with greek yogurt, fruit and cinnamon******
Can add in any ingredients you desire