1 litre chicken stock
1 tbs oil
500g chicken breast, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1.5 cups arborio rice
1 kg butternut pumpkin, cut into small cubes
150g baby spinach or 2 frozen spinach cubes
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
***Can add in any extra vegetables like peas, mushrooms or capsicum
– Heat oil in pan and then add onion, cook until soft.
– Add in garlic, rice, pumpkin and frozen spinach, cook for 1 minute.
– Pour in stock, bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes, stir every few minutes
– Meanwhile, in saucepan cook chicken with a dash of oil
– Once risotto has cooked, stir through chicken and parmesan (if using fresh spinach, stir that in now), season with salt and pepper.