1/2 tin lentils
1 carrot (chopped into disks)
1 tomato (cubed)
1/2 small onion
1 clove of garlic (grated)
1 cube of frozen spinach or handful of fresh spinach
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup of cous cous
1/4 cup of boiling water
1/3 lime (juice)
handful of cashews
** Optional: peas, corn, pumpkin, sweet potato or any other veggies you desire
1. Heat fry pan with oil and add garlic, onion and spices, stir fry for 4 mins
2. Add vegetables, lentils and pepper, stir fry for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked
3. In separate bowl combine cous cous and boiling water together, cover for about 5 mins until cous cous is cooked.
4. Once cous cous is cooked, add avocado, lime juice and cashews, mix together.
5. Serve lentil curry on top of cous cous and enjoy!!
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 self raising flour
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp honey (substitutes: maple syrup, rice malt syrup or agave nectar)
Optional: handful of sultanas or choc chips
– Mix together all ingredients and place in 180 degree oven for around 15 minutes.
– Let cool for 5 minutes
– Serve by spreading strawberry jam in-between two cookies
1 cup black beans
5 cups water
1/2 diced onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Italian herbs
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 carrot (grated)
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
– Place beans and waster in pot, bring to the boil and then simmer for 55- 60 minutes, until beans are soft.
– In pan fry onion and garlic until soft
– Once beans are cooked, drain and rinse.
– In food processor blitz beans, carrot, spices, herbs, onion mixture and egg
– Then roll mixture into burgers, makes about 5-6
– You can freeze them or cook straight away in a pan with a little bit of oil for 3-4 minutes each side.
– Serve in burger bun with tomato, cheese, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, avocado, hummus and relish. Also create with sweet potato fries!!!