1 cup black beans
5 cups water
1/2 diced onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Italian herbs
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 carrot (grated)
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
– Place beans and waster in pot, bring to the boil and then simmer for 55- 60 minutes, until beans are soft.
– In pan fry onion and garlic until soft
– Once beans are cooked, drain and rinse.
– In food processor blitz beans, carrot, spices, herbs, onion mixture and egg
– Then roll mixture into burgers, makes about 5-6
– You can freeze them or cook straight away in a pan with a little bit of oil for 3-4 minutes each side.
– Serve in burger bun with tomato, cheese, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, avocado, hummus and relish. Also create with sweet potato fries!!!