1/2 tin lentils
1 carrot (chopped into disks)
1 tomato (cubed)
1/2 small onion
1 clove of garlic (grated)
1 cube of frozen spinach or handful of fresh spinach
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup of cous cous
1/4 cup of boiling water
1/3 lime (juice)
handful of cashews
** Optional: peas, corn, pumpkin, sweet potato or any other veggies you desire
1. Heat fry pan with oil and add garlic, onion and spices, stir fry for 4 mins
2. Add vegetables, lentils and pepper, stir fry for 5-10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked
3. In separate bowl combine cous cous and boiling water together, cover for about 5 mins until cous cous is cooked.
4. Once cous cous is cooked, add avocado, lime juice and cashews, mix together.
5. Serve lentil curry on top of cous cous and enjoy!!
1 cup black beans
5 cups water
1/2 diced onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Italian herbs
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 carrot (grated)
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
salt and pepper
– Place beans and waster in pot, bring to the boil and then simmer for 55- 60 minutes, until beans are soft.
– In pan fry onion and garlic until soft
– Once beans are cooked, drain and rinse.
– In food processor blitz beans, carrot, spices, herbs, onion mixture and egg
– Then roll mixture into burgers, makes about 5-6
– You can freeze them or cook straight away in a pan with a little bit of oil for 3-4 minutes each side.
– Serve in burger bun with tomato, cheese, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, avocado, hummus and relish. Also create with sweet potato fries!!!
1 litre chicken stock
1 tbs oil
500g chicken breast, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1.5 cups arborio rice
1 kg butternut pumpkin, cut into small cubes
150g baby spinach or 2 frozen spinach cubes
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
***Can add in any extra vegetables like peas, mushrooms or capsicum
– Heat oil in pan and then add onion, cook until soft.
– Add in garlic, rice, pumpkin and frozen spinach, cook for 1 minute.
– Pour in stock, bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes, stir every few minutes
– Meanwhile, in saucepan cook chicken with a dash of oil
– Once risotto has cooked, stir through chicken and parmesan (if using fresh spinach, stir that in now), season with salt and pepper.